Application Engineer/ Demo Machine Operator
The Application Engineer will be based in Brussels, Belgium, and will create digital 3D models and produce 3D-printed benchmark models for potential customers, present live demos on our very large 3D printers, manage complex and challenging projects and provide technical and application-based support to customers.
• Day-to-day management and operations of activities at the Brussels-based Demo Center.
• Provide first-call response to customers under the Application Engineer’s account, providing application-based or technical support by email or phone.
• Support new customers in the territory (pre-installation preparation, installation, and initial training).
• Work closely with customers to ensure that the systems work properly.
• Perform dedicated customer training regarding pre-print, print, and post-print processes.
• Report to the EMEA Customer Care Manager. Work closely with the Global Customer Care Director regarding expert applications and service support.
• Train customers and distributors on advanced applications.
• Modeling as needed.
• Tradeshows and demos – Print, demonstrate and present to customers.
• Print samples and benchmark models for customers and potential customers.
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time on average and 50% of the time at peak periods. Ability to travel within Europe, to participate in tradeshows, and support the sales force and customers (about 5-10 working days per month).
Qualifications and Skills:
• Competence on the following software: Rhino, ZBrush, 3D Max, Maya, Solid Works [At least one of the above is obligatory].
• Studied Industrial Design or 3D-Related arts.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English – mandatory. Dutch/French or additional European languages are an asset.
• Understand slicing, printing and post-printing processes and applications related to large 3D models.
• Finishing process capabilities for 3D models as well as polishing, painting, cutting & etc.- an advantage.
• Experience in operating professional 3D printers and 3D model slicing knowledge – a significant advantage.
• Experience as an Application Engineer in the 3D printing industry – an advantage.
• Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision in evolving situations.
• Dedicated, hard worker who is ready to meet company goals and targets.
• Self-learning ability, presentable appearance, multi-tasker, team worker, creative person.
* Please indicate salary expectations.
* The position is open equally for men and women.