Automated Tooling for Composite Materials Manufacturing
The Massivit 10000 additive tooling system provides automated, high-speed tooling for composite materials manufacturing. Manufacturers and molders can now produce complex, isotropic molds, plugs, mandrels, and prototypes within a matter of days and with significantly less waste.
The Massivit 10000 empowers composites fabricators to digitally produce complex, custom molds within a matter of days, instead of weeks. Based on Massivit 3D’s Cast-In-Motion (CIM) technology, the Massivit 10000 combines ultra-fast, additive manufacturing with high-performance, thermoset casting materials to enable automated tooling for composites.
WHY THE MASSIVIT 10000?
Large tools & molds traditionally used for producing fiber-reinforced composite parts are expensive, slow-to-build, wasteful, and require extensive manual skilled labor. The Massivit 10000 brings to market enormous time- and cost-saving benefits for the manufacturing of large tooling:
- Shorten production time of molds by 80%
- Save up to 90% of manual labor
- Significantly reduce tool costs
- Simplify production, achieve higher yield
- Simplify supply chain and reduce required stocks
- Reduce waste of expensive materials
HOW THE MASSIVIT 10000 WORKS
- An outer sacrificial shell is 3D printed with a water-breakable gel using Massivit 3D’s Gel Dispensing Printing Technology (GDP).
- A thermoset epoxy material – that has high mechanical and thermal properties – is cast into that shell, forming an isotropic mold.
- Once the 3D printed tool is immersed in plain water, the sacrificial shell crumbles away, leaving the desired mold, ready to use.
- Design freedom allows mold production of function-oriented, intricate geometries
- Better and faster tool design cycle – including many features – reduces iterations
- CAD part to CAD mold design enables improved accuracy, consistency and higher reliability
- True isotropy as well as high mechanical and thermal properties at eleated temperatures
Massivit 3D’s disruptive, end-to-end tool & mold making solution comprises pioneering hardware, software and chemistry. It facilitates fast, efficient and waste-less manufacturing with unlimited size and volume capabilities. Massivit 3D’s technology is protected by a wide intellectual property portfolio containing 52 active patent assets.
Massivit 3D Printing Technologies Ltd. (www.massivit3D.com) is a pioneer of large-scale additive manufacturing solutions comprising hardware, software, consumables, customer support, and professional services. Leveraging its proprietary Gel Dispensing Printing (GDP) technology, the company’s solutions enable the swift production of large-volume parts.
Massivit 3D’s initial portfolio of solutions were launched commercially in 2016. Founded in 2013 by a team of recognized industry experts, Massivit 3D is headquartered in Lod, Israel, and provides its worldwide community with end-to-end services supported through an extensive dealer network.